July 28th, 2010
Hello, I am finally getting over my cooking block.. I think what happens is you cook something and eat it for a few days then get burnt out and have a hard time thinking of a new item to eat.
I took the shrimp scampi idea and twisted it a bit, hope you like it.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon butter
- 1 small onion diced
- 3 or 4 garlic cloves crushed
- 24 medium shrimp, washed, peeled and de-veined
- 1 package of spinach (the kind sold by the bagged salad) – rinsed and drained
- 1 can of small white beans- drained and rinsed
- 1 package of Shirataki noodles ~ rinsed, drained and snipped into small pieces
- ½ to 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Salt ~ to taste
In a large skillet cook onion in olive oil butter mixture (if you used all butter it would burn, the olive oil raises the smoke point of the butter) till softened and almost translucent, add garlic, salt, shrimp and spinach sauté till shrimp is no longer translucent and turns a pink orange color. You will know the shrimp are cooked when they turn into C’s if they are O’s they are overcooked. Remove from shrimp and spinach from the pan leaving the juice in behind, add the beans and with a potato masher some of the beans (this will thicken the liquid into a nice sauce without using any of the standard thickeners and adding carbs) but only some of the beans, add the red pepper flakes and noodles heat till warm then pour over the shrimp mixture and mix with a spoon before serving.
- Curry Fish I have a jar of red curry paste that I...
- Baked beans, what is more 4th of July than Baked beans? When have you ever been to a BBQ without baked...
- Chili Cold weather and snow call for Chili here is my...
- Curry Chicken Happy belated 4th of July, I hope it was fun...
- Brownies, yes I said it brownies!!! I was given a recipe for brownies made with black...